AC Replacement in Peoria, AZ

AC Replacement in Peoria, Phoenix, Mesa, AZ and Surrounding Areas

AC Replacement in Peoria, Phoenix, Mesa, Ahwatukee, Anthem, Apache Junction, Avondale, Black Canyon City, Buckeye, Carefree, Cave Creek, Chandler, El Mirage, Fountain Hills,, Gilbert, Glendale, Gold Canyon, Goodyear, Laveen, Litchfield Park, New River, Paradise Valley, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, Scottsdale, Sun City, Sun City West, Sun Lakes, Surprise, Tempe, Tolleson, Tonopah, Waddell, Wickenburg, Wittmann, AZ and Surrounding Areas.

It’s that time of the year again when the temperatures start to rise to 100 degrees or more in Peoria, AZ. The only escape is to stay inside where the air is cool and comfortable. Is your home’s air conditioner up to the challenge? Can your budget withstand the increases that come with the hottest months of the years? If not, it may be time to consider an AC replacement by a trusted HVAC company like Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating.

Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Air Conditioner

Air conditioners can be expensive and you’d rather not spend the money unless you absolutely have to. At the same time, you want to make sure your family doesn’t suffer in the heat. But, how can you tell if an AC replacement is necessary or if you can get by with repairs? Here are some tips that will help you make that decision.

Your Air Conditioner Is 10+ Years OldAC Replacement in Peoria, Phoenix, Mesa, AZ and Surrounding Areas

The average lifespan of an air conditioner is somewhere between 15 and 20 years. A good rule of thumb is that if an air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it may be time to consider replacing it. However, this isn’t always the case. How long your AC will last depends upon several factors. The most important is how well it’s been maintained over the years. If you haven’t kept up with maintenance, it’s likely you’ll need a replacement.

Your Energy Bills Are High in the Summer Months

When you get your monthly energy bill during the height of the summer heat, you probably expect it to be high. The truth is, cooling your home accounts for as much as 40% of your overall energy use. An old, inefficient air conditioner can bring that figure up dramatically. Newer models use 20% to 60% less energy, which means a lower utility bill without having to sacrifice your family’s comfort.

Repair Bills Are Becoming Higher and More Frequent

Keeping your air conditioner operating properly sometimes means having it repaired. Although minor repairs are generally quite affordable, they can add up over time. Keep track of the repair bills and evaluate whether or not it’s worth it. If you’re going to have to spend half of the cost of a new unit to have yours repaired, you’re probably better off investing in a new air conditioner instead.

Your AC Has a Low SEER Rating

Check the Season Energy Efficiency Ratio or SEER of your current air conditioner. If it is 10 or below, it’s time to replace it with a newer model. Keep in mind that AC systems become less efficient over time, meaning they use more energy to do the same job. Air conditioners with a SEER rating of 13 and above are the new standard. Why? Because they’re at least 30% more efficient than their older counterparts.

Your AC Uses R-22 Refrigerant

The type of refrigerant your air conditioner uses is a good way to determine whether it needs to be replaced or not. Older air conditioners, those that are more than 10 years old, often use the ozone-depleting chemical known as R-22 refrigerant. Because it’s so harmful to the environment, it’s been replaced with a newer, less dangerous coolant called R-410-A. If yours uses R-22, consider buying a new air conditioner.

Schedule Your AC Replacement Today

If you’re ready to have your air conditioner replaced in the Peoria, AZ area, contact us at Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating or call (602) 640-0444 to request a free, no-obligation estimate or to schedule an appointment. Our expert, friendly technicians will help you find the right air conditioner for your family’s needs, expertly install it, and keep it maintained for years to come.

AC Replacement

Air Conditioning Replacement – Servicing the Peoria, Phoenix, Mesa, AZ and Surrounding Areas.

Schedule AC Replacement @ (602) 640-0444 or Schedule Online today! Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating is dedicated to your comfort!

Translate »