Heat pumps heat and cool homes. Regular maintenance is the key to keeping them running efficiently and effectively for many years. Air conditioning and heating specialist Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating offers the following tips for what to do before having a heat pump maintenance appointment in Peoria, AZ.
- Replace or clean air filters once per month
- Test thermostat batteries twice per year
- Clean condenser coils at least twice per year
- Inspect ductwork for leaks, damage or loose connections once per year
- Clean evaporator coils at least twice per year
- Inspect blower belt monthly for wear. Replace if worn.
- Check the capacity of the heating system once per year, or as necessary to maintain manufacturer specifications
As part of heat pump maintenance in Peoria, AZ, Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating technicians check these items:
- Condenser fan motors
- Tightness of electrical connections
- Motor bearings
- Refrigerant charge levels
- Inspect heat exchanger coils for dirt and debris buildup, corrosion or mechanical damage.
- Ensure capacitors are working properly.
- Inspect fans to ensure blades are intact and free of obstructions.
- Check evaporator fan motor amperage draw to ensure it matches the manufacturer specification for the model.
- Check voltage readings on contactor when it switches from heating to cooling and when reversing valve switches positions. This ensures correct operation and refrigerant flow.
- Inspect and clean outdoor fan blades, especially if they are dirty or dusty
- Inspect indoor coils for dirt, debris buildup or corrosion.
- Check the drain pan for water leaks
Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating recommends having a heat pump maintenance appointment every year, especially if the system has not been serviced for several years. Other than an annual maintenance check, our technicians recommend inspecting the heat pump at least twice per year to ensure everything is working properly. These inspections can save homeowners time and money by identifying a potentially serious problem before it becomes a major issue.
Contact Morehart Air Conditioning & Heating today for more information about heat pump maintenance in Peoria, AZ. Our technicians can inspect your system and recommend any necessary repairs or upgrades to keep it running efficiently. If you would like to contact us by phone, give us a call at 623-566-0005.